The setting sun drenches the dimly lit bedroom, casting shadows across bare walls. A soft wind caresses silk drapes as they sway gracefully in gentle warmth. Birds sing of life as children squeal in delight, a lazy afternoon spent sipping ice coffee, listening to music and indulging in the beauty of life.
Beauty is a multi-billion dollar (and ever expanding) industry that targets a woman’s insecurities to gain. Yet lets be honest here, what lady could turn down the perfect rouge lipstick, or a new way indulge the senses. When it comes to my beauty regime though, natural ways reign superior over chemically enhanced ‘wonder creams’ promising the world, and when it comes to make-up I stick strongly to the idea that it is there to enhance and not to create, you are most beautiful with your skin tone, your cheek bones and your lips.
• L’occitane Lavender Hand cream – L’occitane is a temple for my skin, lets just say I have made a friend out of the sales assistant from my frequent visits. Their Lavender hand cream is apart of my daily routine, with its dainty, ladylike scent, creamy applications and boudoir ready packaging makes it a must.
• Lucas paw paw ointment – Where would I be without it?! I use this for anything and everything, from drying lips, giving my cheek bones a dewy shine, shaping eyebrows, the possibilities are endless. This also helps for my sensitive skin.
• Water – I try and drink plenty of water and find that carrying a bottle with my daily helps a lot, it really does make a difference to your skin.
• Milk and Raw sugar exfoliation- I have sensitive skin, so many exfoliators bought in shops causes irritations and hurts. I my milk and raw sugar exfoliator at home simply mixing some milk and raw sugar together, and in the shower use as per a normal exfoliator.
• “Face it” extreme mascara by the Face Shop – quite simply the best mascara I have ever tried (and believe me, my search for mascara as been vast and long, from YSL to Dior, Rimmel to Benefit). It has an amazing brush that coats every individual lash, a sleek dark finish and stays all day. I am lucky to be blessed with long thick eyelashes and this mascara really enhances them and lets them shine.
• “Cranberry Cream” Lipstick by Clinique – A deep red lipstick which plays my skin perfectly. Looks perfect with simple eyes and statement lips.
• “Coquette” 5 Couleurs, edition Dentelle, eye make-up palette by Dior – With soft pink, black, lavender and deep purple, oh and not forgetting the light sparkles that slumber in between, this has to be my favourite casual day wear to elegant evening make up palette. Ever.
“Radiant Touch” highlighter by YSL – A true beauty staple, I wear this with no make up or for a night out, it enhances my facial structure, subtly and naturally.
•Olive Oil make up remover – Again, my sensitive skin despises make up removers. I use a small dab of extra virgin olive oil and gently brush over my eyelashes, then wash face with luke warm water. It perefctly removes even the toughest waterproof mascara, and softens the skin around the eye area also smoothing out wrinkles (or will do when I get to that age).
• Olive Oil – Again extra virgin olive oil, my grandmother as many European women really knew how to naturally make the best of yourself. I heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a luke warm temperature, then massage through my hair, especially targeting the ends, now I don’t even use all the oil yet depending on hair length you may. Remember do it till your hair is slightly oily, not drenched. I then tie my hair in a loose bun and leave for Atleast 30 minutes. After in lukewarm water I rinse out and use a light shampoo to get the rest out. This natural remedy is a great tip for lustrous, shiny and healthy hair. If after dry hair is still oily, you have used too much. Wash again and start again the next day.
• joie de vivre!!
• Chocolate, Coffee and good food.
A blanket of dark clouds stretch far above, they seem to have become a fixture in the sky, their tears hit the windows. Birds sing to a sea of drowning blossoms, the grey day ticks by. A day spent cuddled up in the warmth of a cashmere scarf, music enchanting the room, then later a coffee with a friend in the bustling city.
“Femininity is every woman’s gift”
“Candles flicker against the white walls, she parts her red lips as a smile enchants her face. In the dim light her dark eyes glimmer…”
The discreet and charming nature of femininity is a gift of all women, yet not all decide to experience and understand its delicate and subtle ways. Whether it be the way she holds herself or the curse of her writing, femininity is every woman’s greatest strength. Take time for yourself and treasure your quirks.
Femininity through my eyes..
•Care and compassion; beauty starts from within, the feminine traits of care and compassion are the most important of all. A beautiful body without this is simply a hollow shell, pointless and wasted.
• Perfume; the signature of a lady, the memory that lingers after your departure. Perfume is an intimate portrayal of the understanding of oneself.
•Red Lipstick, Smoky eyes and nude lips; these two make up styles for me are the go to for simple, understated beauty. Remember, makeup is there to enhance not create.
•Art and creativity; every woman has the power of creation, look after your mind and emotions, everything else will naturally fall into place.
•Inspiration; find something that inspires you and surround yourself with it. Have direction and pursue things that you love and fill your life with joy.
My week so far…
A harsh wind blows whipping blossoms and trees as they ferociously sway, dark clouds weep, their tears pour down lashing the cobblestone streets. The perfect day for sitting inside, coffee in hand wrapped in soft layers.
Life seduces us all with its beautiful grip of whirling emotions that we claim to understand, delicate details, natural wonders and eclectic quirks. Here is my little list of appreciating ‘La Séduction De La Vie’.
• Take time for yourself, indulge your senses and appreciate yourself. Whether this be a simple bubble bath, the dab of your favourite perfume or a cafe visit, a day trip. Happiness and beauty starts from within.
•Listen to beautiful music, let it enchant your space.
•Find something you find inspiring and enjoy, pursue it, surround yourself with it.
•Take a step back from the busy and often mundane pace of the modern day world, and just be.
Did I mention December 1st was my 18th birthday? I thought not. Enjoy some memories through my snapshots.
Morning sun creeps through the open balcony doors, drenching the room in its touch. The soft murmur of the city can be heard as birds sing of life in the humid air, cicadas cry. Turquoise waters seduce the landscape.
Finding a mix between youth and grace can be hard when getting dressed. Yet Valerie Tolosa’s alluring Spring/Summer collection does just that, with feminine prints and fabrics injected with vibrant colours and quirky takes on classic pieces ( a white lace pencil skirt, a delicate lace top with a beautiful zipper running up the back, floral high waisted shorts to name a few ).
Above on the left the “Fifi Playsuit” will be sure to get you noticed, full of playful charm this one piece makes a perfect go-to after beach outfit. On the right the “Amora Lace Short Sleeve top” is teamed with the “Francie frill skirt”, with subtle sensuality and a seductive allure this is one of my favourite combinations (maybe i’m biased, I own both pieces)
Again the “Francie Frill skirt”, yet this time teamed with the “Elsie Lace Bustier”. This outfit is incredibly versatile, able to go from casual bohemian flare, to a chic dinner simply with the change of accessories.
Here I am wearing the “Jeni Gathered Sash Dress”, its hard not to feel glamorously vintage in this dress. It features a daring open back which collides with its sweetness perfectly, adding a twist to this otherwise pretty dress.
My very beautiful model/friend Brittany is wearing a sample piece, one of only two. Hopefully this one will be made again for next summer as its a statement maxi that’s youthful and playful and extremely easy to wear and accessorize.
Trees sway with a soft breeze as blossoms bathe in the sunlight. Lack of Passion is Fatal.
Outside a crisp wind blows, engulfing the air in its frozen breath, dark clouds cry as their tears pour down from the velvet sky… Music seduces the dimly lit room, a candle flickers, perfume casts its spell as it weaves throughout the rooms, I sip a coffee.
This isn’t the first time I write to you, although this is a new blog, for a new beginning and a new chapter. Though I will re acquaint myself as time goes so fast and the mind can forget.
Favourite Smell; Blossoms & rich chocolate
Favourite Sound; Rain
Favourite to your sense of touch; Frogs & Petals
Favourite Flower; Wild Rose
Favourite Bird; Peacock
A diary of style, art, food, thoughts, inspiration.